Unicorn Change Log
Version 1.2, 2-April-15
- Mac OS X only: launches on Mavericks (10.10) and later
Version 1.1, 8-September-14
- Fix to work with latest Mac OS X
- Add more words to the Greek dictionary
- Two Russian (Cyrillic) keyboards.
- Remove support for sending email.
- Can use ! instead of vertical bar | for iota subscript.
- Latin Keyboard is now the International Keyboard
- Handle modern Greek characters with tonos mark.
- Miscellaneous user interface improvements and tweaks.
- Latin parsing unchanged; Greek parsing has minor fixes.
Version 0.80, 30-October-05
- Latin dictionary has 1000 more words.
- Greek dictionary has 2500 more words (thank you, Paul).
- Changed the default names of the Greek and Latin dictionary files.
- Numerous Windows-specific improvements:
- Package as a native Unicorn.exe application.
- Turn on anti-aliasing for smoother appearance of text (requires Java 1.5).
- Fix a bug with Delete key under Java 1.5.
- Increase amount of memory available.
- File association now works.
- Miscellaneous minor bug fixes and cosmetic enhancements.
Version 0.79, 7-May-05
- Add keyboards for Hebrew and Latin.
- Additional 6000 entries for Latin dictionary.
- Restructure Help menu and bundle help files into the Unicorn application
- Fix bug involving the Greek dictionary running under Java 1.5
- Fix bug with delete key deleting forwards instead of backwards.
Version 0.78, 19-January-05
- Delete composed characters one diacritical mark at a time. First any accent, then any breathing, then any remaining diacritical.
- Add "Strict Betacode to Unicode" to convert TLG betacode into Unicode. Strict betacode is all uppercase, uses asterisks to denote capitals, and precedes capitals with diacritical marks.
- Fix "Spionic to Unicode" to handle capital letters preceded by diacritical marks.
- Don't copy single character deletions into the clipboard.
- More vocabulary from Athenaze (not yet complete).
- Fix some minor issues in Greek morphological analysis logic.
Version 0.77, 7-September-04
- Add all vocabulary from White's "First Greek Book".
- Add all vocabulary from Mounce's "Basics of Biblical Greek".
- Support analysis of dual forms in Greek.
- Fix some Mac-specific cosmetic issues.
- Add "Goto Line..." to the Edit menu (useful for spell checking).
- Many minor fixes and extensions to Greek morphological analysis logic.
Version 0.76, 8-July-04
- All vocabulary and morphology in Hansen & Quinn, except dual forms.
- Add a "Spionic to Unicode" translation function in Tools menu.
- Can lookup a Latin or Greek word based on its definition.
- Made Unicorn on a Mac behave in a Mac-like fashion when the last window is closed.
- Provide tools for adding entries to the Greek dictionary.
- Fix bug in "Sort Lines"; fix more bugs with combining diaersis.
Version 0.75, 15-May-04
- Fix problem with diaersis not combining when it should
- Vocabulary from Hansen & Quinn up to Chapter 16
- Numerous fixes to Greek morphological analysis logic.
- "Transliterate" becomes "Betacode to Unicode"; add "Unicode to Betacode" menu item
- Add "Sort Lines" to Tools menu to sort by first Unicode word in a line.
Version 0.74, 15-November-03
- Numerous small fixes to the Greek morphological analysis logic.
- Additional vocabulary from Hansen & Quinn Readings up to Chapter 10
Version 0.73, 1-September-03
- Update Greek dictionary vocabulary and analysis to Chapter 15 of Hansen & Quinn.
- Fix a couple of multiple window problems: "shuddering" and not recognizing ESC-ESC in old windows.
- "Start searches at top of file" option for Find dialog.
Version 0.72, 24-August-03
- Ensure that ESC-ESC works even if Emacs is disabled.
- Fix a cut and paste problem on the Mac.
- Fix some problems with font size increment/decrement keyboard shortcuts.
- Make the Greek dictionary a bit more helpful with verb forms it doesn't yet understand.
Version 0.71, 23-August-03
- Greek dictionary with vocabulary and morphological analysis up to Chapter 11 of Hansen and Quinn's "Greek: An Intensive Course".
- Allow automatically setting font parameters based on a file's extension or type.
- Extensive improvements to Preferences dialog. Any changes now take effect immediately.
- Font dialog shows samples of the selected font.
- Keyboard shortcuts to increment/decrement font size.
- Many improvements to Emacs mode, including
- default to off on all platforms (enable through Preferences dialog)
- incremental forward and reverse search; query replace.
- status line that echos commands, status, and positioning information.
- find file (C-X C-F), write file (C-X C-W), with completion and help for finding files.
- ESC-Q to flow-justify a paragraph; C-L with arguments for recentering; electric tabs
Version 0.68, 2-February-03
- Improvements to HTML-wrapped email support: include character set metadata and encode as 'quoted-printable'.
- Fixed a bug whereby canceling the close of a window would not work.
Version 0.67, 25-January-03
- Support sending HTML-wrapped email.
- In Preferences > Help Menus, clicking on the "File" field will bring up a file choosing dialog.
- Make Unicorn work with more mailhosts that require authorization.
- To debug mail sending problems, support logging of email transactions.
- Complain if people type in email addresses without a domain.
Version 0.63, 6-January-03
- The published version of 0.62 was not built with all the necessary pieces for the Latin Dictionary.
- Latin Dictionary can now be invoked with "Tools > Latin Dictionary" in addition to double-clicking on a word.
- Improved screen menu bar for the Mac.
Version 0.62, 30-December-02
- Unicorn published on www.quasillum.com